Prepaid Electric Service
Make budgeting easier to maintain. The HCREMC PrePaid Electric Service program allows members to pay for electric usage on their schedule, not according to a set due date. Participants essentially prepay for electric use. When a participants credit balance falls below $20, an email notification will alert the member to make a payment. Charges will apply if credit balance drops below $0.
- No charges for secuity deposit
- No late fees
- No monthly electric bill
To sign up for PrePaid Electric Service, simply contact the REMC office at 800.248.8413. New HCREMC members can enroll in the PrePaid program by opening an account for $75. This fee includes:
- HCREMC membership fee
- Activiation fee
- $25 to apply toward future energy use
Payment Options Available:
- Download the free SmartHub app and make payments using your smart phone, iPad or tablet.
- Pay online at www.hcremc.com
- Pay by phone with a credit/debit card or electronic check using our automated service. Simply call 800.248.8413; select option 2 for payments.
- Pay in person at our office located at 3400 S. State Rd. 3, New Castle (behind the Steve Alford Inn), using cash, check, money order or debit/credit card.
Terms and Conditions to Notate:
- Energy Assistance funds will be credited to PrePaid billing accounts in the same manner as general postpaid billing accounts.
- Members who have been disconnected for non-payment of a postpaid account are eligible to start PrePaid billing. HCREMC will final bill the previous account, and the remaining balance of that account will be placed on a payment arrangement. See an HCREMC representative for details about payment arrangements and PrePaid payments.
- If service is terminated on a PrePaid account, the account will be final billed and any remaining credit will be sent out in form of a check.
- If for any reason a payment is not honored by the participants financial institution, the amount of the payment plus a $25 return fee will be charged to the account.